The 2 day course offers a comprehensive session covering the illnesses and offering delegates more time to explore A.L.G.E.E. with each illness and more time to focus on positive wellbeing. This is partly achieved through creating theoretical case studies representing the continuum.
This course is for delegates that really want to increase their knowledge and understanding of Mental Health and Wellbeing. The 2 days gives delegates a chance to reflect on activities and allow for more areas to be explored.
The Youth MHFA Two Day course qualifies you as a Youth Mental Health First Aider.
Youth Mental Health First Aiders have:
- An in depth understanding of young people’s mental health and factors that affect wellbeing
- Practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of mental health issues
- Confidence to reassure and support a young person in distress
- Enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgemental listening
- Knowledge to help a young person recover their health by guiding them to further support – whether that’s through self-help sites, their place of learning, the NHS, or a mix – engaging with parents, carers and external agencies where appropriate
- Ability to support a young person with a long term mental health issue or disability to thrive
- Tools to look after your own mental wellbeing
We limit numbers to 16 people per course so that the instructor can keep people safe and supported while they learn.
Learning takes place across four manageable sessions. Through a mix of group activities, presentations and discussions, each session is built around a Youth Mental Health First Aid action plan. You will get an MHFA manual to keep and refer to whenever you need it.