The 1/2 day or Lite course gives an introduction to Mental health and Wellbeing by introducing illnesses and identifying warning signs. The course also explores stress triggers and the 10 keys to happiness. This course is great for people who just want a better understanding and confirm good practice they may have been unsure about.
This is an introductory three hour session to raise awareness of young people’s mental health.
It is designed to give:
- An understanding of some of the common mental health issues affecting young people, including depression, anxiety, eating disorders and psychosis
- Skills to work more effectively with young people living with mental health issues
- Ways to support young people with a mental health issue and relate to their experiences
A taste of the contents of the Youth MHFA Two Day course
- The session covers:
- Language and mental health issues
- What is mental health?
- Mental health conditions
- Anxiety disorders
- Eating disorders
- Personality disorders
- Alcohol, illegal drugs and mental health
- Supporting young people in distress
- Mental and emotional wellbeing
Learning takes place through a mix of presentations, group discussions and workshop activities.